Woodhaven 8660 for SOSS 100 Hinge
Our SOSS Hinge Jigs are the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to rout the two-step mortises required for these unique hinges. Made of 1/2" phenolic for heavy duty use, they measure 5-5/8" x 7-3/4" for maximum router support. Includes an 8" Double Track for mounting the jig and clamping to your work. Clamps not included. Optional 4512 Flip Stop mounts on an optional 4016 16" Double Track (minimum length recommended) for quicker part indexing. Allows setting the stop up to 6" from the hinge mortise, with a spacer required for short distances. We recommend two Flip Stops, one for each side of the jig. Optional longer Double Tracks (up to 95" - 4095) available to mount multiple SOSS Hinge Jigs and Flip Stops. Optional 6507 or 6509 Self-Centering Drill centers itself in the SOSS 203 hinge screw mounting hole for a perfectly centered pilot hole.
- 8660 is for a SOSS 100 hinge - 3/8" wide x 1" long shallow mortise. Requires a 3/8" solid carbide upcut spiral bit (15406 or equivalent, sold separately) and a 5/8" Bushing & Locknut (5030K or equivalent, sold separately) to cut the mortises.
- Hinge setback is built-in according to the manufacturers specs.
- Jig clamps to the work (no nail holes) and, using your plunge router, both the long/shallow and short/deep mortises are cut without moving the jig or part. Has two retractable stops for the short/deep mortise.
- Requires a 3/4" OD bushing (our PN 5032K) and a 1/2" spiral upcut bit (our PN 15407), both sold separately. If using your own bushing, make sure the nose isn't over 3/8" long.
- Lifetime guarantee against defects in material or workmanship. Made in the USA! For shipping quote outside the 48 States call 563-344-6657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org