Woodhaven Sugsatsune Hinge Jig - Select size
Our Sugatsune Hinge Jigs are the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to rout the two-step mortises required for these unique hinges. Made of 1/2" phenolic for heavy duty use, they measure 5-5/8" x 7-3/4" for maximum router support. Includes an 8" length of Double Track for mounting the jig and clamping it to your work. Clamps not included.
Optional 4095 95" long Double Track is available to mount multiple Hinge Jigs and Flip Stops. Optional 6507-6513-Centering Drill centers itself in the hinge screw mounting hole for a perfectly centered pilot hole.
- Each model is designed for a specific Sugatsune hinge, select from drop down.
- 8760 is for the Sugatsune HES3D-70 hinge - 14mm wide x 70mm long shallow mortise.
- 8761 is for the Sugatsune HES3D-90 hinge - 18mm wide x 90mm long shallow mortise.
- These jigs require a 1/2" solid carbide spiral upcut bit 1" cut length (our PN 15407 or equivalent) and a 3/4" OD bushing (our PN 5032K or equivalent), both sold separately.
- If using your own bushing, make sure the nose isn't over 3/8" long.
- Hinge setback is built-in according to the manufacturers specs.
- Jig clamps to the work (no nail holes) and, using your plunge router, both the long/shallow and short/deep mortises are cut without moving the jig or part. Has two retractable stops for the short/deep mortise.
- For more information on the Sugatsune hinge visit their website at https://www.sugatsune.com
Lifetime guarantee against defects in material or workmanship. Made in the USA! For product questions or a quote for shipping outside the continental US call 800-344-6657 or email Info@Woodhaven.com
- This video for our SOSS Hinge Jigs will help you understand how these jigs function.