Woodhaven SOSS Hinge Jig - Select size
Our SOSS Hinge Jigs are the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to rout the two-step mortises required for these unique hinges. Made of 1/2" phenolic for heavy duty use, they measure 5-5/8" x 7-3/4" for maximum router support. Includes an 8"-12 Double Track (depends on model) for mounting the jig and clamping it to your work. Clamps not included.
Optional 4512 Flip Stop mounts on an optional 4016 16" Double Track (minimum length recommended) for quicker part indexing. Allows setting the stop up to 6" from the hinge mortise, with a spacer required for short distances. We recommend two Flip Stops, one for each side of the jig. Optional longer Double Tracks (up to 96" - 4096) available to mount multiple SOSS Hinge Jigs and Flip Stops.Optional 6507-6513-Centering Drill centers itself in the hinge screw mounting hole for a perfectly centered pilot hole.
- Each model is designed for a specific SOSS hinge, select from drop down.
- 8661 is for a SOSS 101 hinge - 3/8" wide x 1-11/16" long shallow mortise.
- 8663 is for a SOSS 203 hinge - 1/2" wide x 1-3/4" long shallow mortise.
- 8664 is for a SOSS 204 hinge - 1/2" wide x 2-3/8" long shallow mortise.
- 8665 is for a SOSS 208 hinge - 5/8" wide x 2-3/4" long shallow mortise.
- 8666 is for a SOSS 212 hinge - 3/4" wide x 3-3/4" long shallow mortise.
- 8667 is for a SOSS 216 hinge - 1" wide x 4-5/8" long shallow mortise.
- 8668 is for a SOSS 218 hinge - 1-1/8" wide x 4-5/8" long shallow mortise.
- 8669 is for a SOSS 220 hinge - 1-3/8" wide x 5-1/2" long shallow mortise.
- 8661 SOSS Jigs require a 3/8" solid carbide spiral upcut bit (our PN 15406 or equivalent) and a 5/8" Bushing & Locknut (our PN 5030K or equivalent), both sold separately.
- 8663 & 8664 SOSS Jigs require a 1/2" solid carbide spiral upcut bit (our PN 15407 or equivalent) and a 3/4" OD bushing (our PN 5032K or equivalent), both sold separately.
- 8665 thru 8669 SOSS Jigs require a 1/2" solid carbide spiral upcut bit (our PN 15410 or equivalent) and a 3/4" OD bushing (our PN 5032K or equivalent), both sold separately.
- If using your own bushing, make sure the nose isn't over 3/8" long.
- Hinge setback is built-in according to the manufacturers specs.
- Jig clamps to the work (no nail holes) and, using your plunge router, both the long/shallow and short/deep mortises are cut without moving the jig or part. Has two retractable stops for the short/deep mortise.
- Lifetime guarantee against defects in material or workmanship. Made in the USA! For shipping quote outside the 48 States call 800-344-6657 or email email@example.com
We Also Recommend